Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Sunday, November 2, 2008

October layouts.

After realising that I had only completed 3 layouts for October (and that was in the first week of the month) I decided that I was going to finish all of the monthly and first birthday celebration challenges from Uproar. The first birthday cybercrop was all based on "firsts" and the number "1".

This challenge was to use one word for the title, one pic, and one layout full of bling!! It is a bit hard to see in the pic but the water splashes are hand cut from plain CS and then covered in crystalina stickles. Papers are MME:


This was the october sketch challenge. I made a library pocket as my envelope element from the sketch. Papers and embellishments are the new MME, Just Dreamy 2. Yum!!


For this challenge you had to complete a layout using things only once ie: one piece of pp, one button, one chippie shape, etc etc. I used my new Chocolate Box Coredinations CS which I absolutely love! Paper is KI Memories:


This challenge was set by Charmane Koch from 123 Challenge. It had to have the number 1 in the title, alterered chippie alphas and more than one rubon. The journalling on this layout lists all of Cody's milestones in his first year of life. The side tab pulls out and I put his hand and footprint on it. I plan to do one of these at each year of his life with his achievements and his prints to track his growth. Papers used are Scenic Route:


This next layout was the monthly challenge from Uproar. Challenge was to use 1 5x7 photo, handmade embellishment and NO flowers. I made hand beaded brackets to put around the picture. I also stitched seed beads in a dotted row across the top of the pp:


Lisa Kamphius's challenge for the month was based on the letters in the word ONE.
O - Orange somewhere, only handwritten journalling
N - nine flowers, nice buttons, no ribbon
E - embellishment made by yourself

My handmade embellishment were the flowers which I punched from corrogated card and the tin lid from inside the formula container and some bazzil. I layered them together to make three total flowers. Papers used here are Sassafras Lass - Robotica, I love these pp's:

Below is my submission for October's White with 1 challenge. The requirements were white, orange and stamping. This is my first time submitting a layout to White with 1. Papers here are Daisy Bucket and my stamping is my journalling which was done with my Stampin Up! alphabit stamps.


And this last layout is my submission for the 123 challenge blog. This is the second month that I have submitted to 123. Papers on this one are Imaginisce - Kewl stuff range.

I also made a mini album which I finished at about 11.45 last night (cut off was midnight) but the pictures are crap so I will retake and post later. This was also for the 1st birthday CC, you had to make mini album based around the number 1. So a book of firsts etc etc.
So since I have done all this since Wednesday I think I am a bit scrapped out for the moment!!

2 comments:

vicmbee said...

Hi Amanda, thanks for the comments you left on my blog, I love all your layouts. I might add you to my blog list if that's okay.

Cate Brickell said...

love the LOs, especially the bottom of the garden! Can't wait to see how the album turned out!