Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Monday, January 5, 2009

Time to reflect .....

Now that the silly season is well and truly over and it is time for life to return to normal, I have taken some time out to reflect on the year that was 2008. It has been a big year for me as an individual and also some noteworthy events within the family. To start with myself, this year saw me take up a new hobby in scrapbooking. My passion for the craft has deepened as the year has gone by and I can truly say that I have found something I really enjoy. It has helped me make life long friends and over all really made my life enjoyable again. I have always been a bit of a homebody and therefore made it difficult to make friends among other things which it another topic in itself. Although I enjoyed my life it never felt complete in the way it does now. I also made friends through joining a Mum's Group which ordinarily I would have never had the courage to do. I became part of a forum where I feel truly welcome and was invited to become a member on their Design Team. So in essence, to my pal "Scrapbooking" ........ you complete me!!!!! (tragic I know) It has helped me to become happier in my life and fill the voids that were evident before.

Derek and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this year, a feat in itself! (just jokes) ..... looking forward to the next 5!! My little baby, Cody, turned the big 1!! He's not so much of the little baby anymore but he will always be my baby. He also celebrated his first Easter this year too. Other milestones were saying his first words and taking his first steps which were both very exciting times. I celebrated my 30th birthday and Derek his 31st. So it was quite a big year for the family. A great year for all of us I feel.

Looking ahead to 2009 I can see lots of things that I want to make better in my life. I am not really the type for New Year's Resolutions - who really keeps them anyway - so my way of summing it up is to be the best person that I possibly can be, the best mother, best wife and best friend. Instead I think I will set myself monthly goals in an attempt to keep the ball rolling so to speak.

I am really looking forward to seeing what 2009 has in store for all of us!

No comments: