Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Monday, September 29, 2008

The weekend that was ...

Well what a full on weekend of scrapping!! Two cybercrops and a pizza crop at my LSS. I participated in the CC's at both Craft Bits & Bears and Uproar2Scrapmore. If you have ever tried to play two games of bingo at the same time in two seperate browser windows then you may just be on the road to beggining to understand how hectic my week end has been!!

The CC at Craft Bits & Bears was themed "Summer by the Sea" so it was time to dig out those beach pics. There were 3 challenges for this CC, the first a beach layout, the second a bright summer layout and the last either a beach or summer pic using the colours lt green, yellow, orange and blue. My layouts are below (sorry the 2nd & 3rd got mixed up):





The second cc at Uproar to Scrapmore was a "Retro" themed crop. It was a whole weekend of challenges, fun and games. I got some great specials as well, 3 Bugs in a Rug PP - Yummo!! 10 sheets for $10 - Bargain!!
I have only completed two of the challenges so far which were both OTP items. It seems that a few of us are having touble completing all the challenges which would normally be due midnight monday, so the lovely Dee has extended till Wednesday to give us more of a chance to get them all finished.
This OTP challenge was to make a money box. It had to have wild and funky colours and textures and needed to be flower power. I choose to make a box rather than decorating a tin, which I made from a softdrink carton. I cut out the box template than stripped off the top layer of cardboard to expose the corregations. I inked the outside in hot pink and then added a tag to the front with ribbon. The stamped flowers were stamps from Autumn Leaves and Inque Boutique. I took photos of top, front & side angles and then did this montage in my photo editing program so that I would only have to load one entry into the gallery:

This next challenge was an OTP which was supposed to be constructed on a vinyl LP and then displayed on a plate stand. I didn't have an LP so I cut a circle out of black bazzil and made mine on that. I like the idea of it being on CS better as now I can mount it on a full sheet of CS and put it in my album. The challenge was to use pink & green, lots of layering and a retro word in the title.


I am quite pleased with my efforts from the weekend, even thought it was a lot of hard work. Apart from my brief trip to the grocery store and the Crop at my LSS I have been hard at it in my scraproom all weekend.
The Crop at the LSS was good, I got two layouts half done and did a little shopping :-P. The food was to die for, we had Pizza Capers for dinner and yummy cakes and slices with ice-cream for dessert. I must see if I can get the recipe for the chocolate and almond cake that we had cause it was devine! It was interesting to see other people working on their pages and seeing the different styles. There seemed to be a lot of TLC demonstraters there. My only gripe was that no one really talked to anyone other than the person that they came with. The last crop I went to the shop owner introduced everyone to everyone else so it was more of a group event but I got the impression that this crop was just about getting some uninterrupted time to get some work done and not so much of the social aspect. I will definitely go again though and maybe next time I will make conversation with others, maybe they are all a little shy?




3 comments:

Cate Brickell said...

love your money box, and the groovy girls LO - I think I have those inque boutique flowers - I'm right for the 11th, just waiting to hear from Stacey...

Renee said...

Oh I love that money box Amamda it is just gorgeous.

Lisa K said...

HI there

Fancy seeing you here!! Great work at Uproar over the weekend - very impressive - your work rocks....

talk soon

Lisak