I think I’ve written and rewritten this post in my head about 1000 times and many more on the screen as today drew closer. I’ve been taking time to reflect on 2011 in the last few weeks and have realised that I have learnt so much this past year. There have been many events that have changed my life for the better, even if they were some of the toughest lessons to learn.
So I bring to you my list …. Lessons of 2011 … (in no particular order)
- I have learnt that my family may not be perfect, but they are perfect for me in every little way and that’s all that matters.
- I have learnt that there is no greater gift than a beautiful healthy baby.
- I have learnt that my children complete me and I find nothing more fulfilling than being a mother and the unconditional love I get in return.
- I have learned that all the money in the world will not buy you time with your loved ones.
- I have learnt that I will never be someone’s friend out of pity ever again, it only makes you miserable.
- I have learned that I should ALWAYS be true to myself no matter what others opinions are.
- I have learnt that some people are just plain nasty and manipulative, call it what you like but it’s true.
- I have learnt that I don’t need a lot of friends, just a couple of really special ones that don’t drain the happiness out of me.
- I have learnt that the truth will always come out in the end even if it takes a bit of time.
- I have learnt that in the company of true friends I never have to edit myself, I can be free to speak my mind and that’s okay.
- I have learnt that some people will just listen to the first thing they hear, even if it’s not true. This is their loss not mine.
- I have learnt that I am good enough and I should never let anyone make me feel otherwise.
- I have learnt that the only person who can motivate me is myself.
- I have learnt that I am only one person so I should stop anticipating that I can do the work of 3.
- I have learnt that nothing will change if you don’t start changing.
- I have learnt that sometimes life is cruel to the kindest of people while others who I can only describe as assholes seem to sail through unscathed.
- I have learnt that if it’s not on facebook it can’t possibly be true. *wink* just jokes … threw that one in to see if you were still reading … lol
- I have learnt that no matter how bad today seems, a new day will always come .... you've just got to get there.
- I have learnt that one should smile a lot, laugh often and love with all your heart.
- I have learnt that the life you desire just won't land in your lap .... you have to get out there and fight for it!
All in all I would have to say that 2011 has been a positive year for me. I was blessed with the arrival of my beautiful baby girl, made it onto the design team for a chipboard manufacturer, was published for the first time with many more acceptances for the future and above all life has finally fallen into the groove I'm happy with.
I made a final piece for the year and my final piece as a DT member for WOW chipboard. I have used the 12x12 interconnecting squares to make a page summarising 2011 for our family. It includes a few pictures of our most memorable times during the year.
I've turned the square in the bottom left hand corner into a pocket and added a card for each member of the family. On it I will record our achievements and special moments from the year.
A close up of the banner I made.
As we embark on the journey that will be 2012, I leave you with this ...
TFL Star xx