Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Latest efforts

Went to a crop at my LSS on Saturday night, it was the pizza crop again. You get a 5 hr crop and a yummy Pizza Capers dinner and delicious supper for $15. It is my little bit of me time once a month as Cody stays home with Derek (of course). I started these two layouts which are both for the month long CC at Uproar. (It's their first birthday) This first layout was one of the weekly challenges in which we could only use four items (including CS but not including the photo although we were limited to one photo) My four items were CS, two pieces of doube sided PP and a white gel pen. I was a bit dubious at first, I thought it would look shit actually, but I am quite pleased with the outcome. I made the alphas by printing out a computer font and tracing them onto PP and cutting out again and the circles are drawn with one of my new doodling templates I bought at the shop on Saturday night.


This challenge was to scrap a first "thing", no people, so I choose to do our house. Sadly these are the only photos we have of our house being built and they are not even that good. Thank goodness for digital is all I can say. I have done a lot of challenges lately where I have had to go back and dig out old pictures to scrap. In one way I am grateful that I have some but then I also feel sad that I didn't really know the value of having good photos until I became a scrapbooker. I always try to remember to take my camera with me everywhere I go but if not I always know that I have my mobile phone which actually has an awesome 5mp camera in it with flash etc etc.


Off to mum's group today, which will be my first time in ages (am usually working) so am a little excited about that. Will be good to catch up with everyone again.

1 comment:

Cate Brickell said...

I love how both LOs turned out! Great job! See you soon.