Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mad About Scrappin - February Sketch Challenge

This month I decided to play along with the sketch challenge over at Mad About Scrappin.

Here's the sketch:

And here's my take on it:

I knew as soon as I saw the sketch that I wanted to use a photo strip for the 4 pictures. It was not an easy photo to match papers with so I decided to go predominantly with green and a few accents of teal and light blue. The whole green background was a bit much so I started by swiping some gesso on to tone it down a little. 

Next I used a template and some distress ink to make the hearts. I felt they needed to blend in a little more so I went around the edges with some twinkling h2o's and a waterbrush. I added some splatters too and then some random stamping with a background stamp.

I used a dyed paper doiley in place of the circle on the sketch. I also decided to use a few layers of patterned paper under my photos. 

I added a few extra layered embellies and finished off with a cluster of flowers.

Products used:
Bazzil cardstock - Walnut Cream, Sweet Shoppe papers, element stickers and alphabet by Simple Stories, Dyed paper doiley, D-lish Scraps embellishments; Old Fashioned Rose, Hydrengea Petals, Vintage Rose, Flair, Resin Roses from grab bag, self adhesive pearls, wire, Viola, resin butterflies, pastel cup sequins, Journal It's - Days of the Week.


Leanne Lovett said...

Gorgeous layout Amanda!! Love looking at your work!!

Belinda Scott said...

Stunning!!!! love the wire and all the details. thanks for entering the MAS Sketch Challenge :D