Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mad About Scrappin - February Sketch Challenge

This month I decided to play along with the sketch challenge over at Mad About Scrappin.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my take on it:


I knew as soon as I saw the sketch that I wanted to use a photo strip for the 4 pictures. It was not an easy photo to match papers with so I decided to go predominantly with green and a few accents of teal and light blue. The whole green background was a bit much so I started by swiping some gesso on to tone it down a little. 


Next I used a template and some distress ink to make the hearts. I felt they needed to blend in a little more so I went around the edges with some twinkling h2o's and a waterbrush. I added some splatters too and then some random stamping with a background stamp.


I used a dyed paper doiley in place of the circle on the sketch. I also decided to use a few layers of patterned paper under my photos. 


I added a few extra layered embellies and finished off with a cluster of flowers.

Products used:
Bazzil cardstock - Walnut Cream, Sweet Shoppe papers, element stickers and alphabet by Simple Stories, Dyed paper doiley, D-lish Scraps embellishments; Old Fashioned Rose, Hydrengea Petals, Vintage Rose, Flair, Resin Roses from grab bag, self adhesive pearls, wire, Viola, resin butterflies, pastel cup sequins, Journal It's - Days of the Week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout Amanda!! Love looking at your work!!

Belinda Scott said...

Stunning!!!! love the wire and all the details. thanks for entering the MAS Sketch Challenge :D