It's been AGES since I participated in a challenge blog, but since I kick started the New Year with some scrappy time, I went looking for things to do.
I loved the colour palette for the WW1 challenge and even though it took me a while to find the right papers in my stash, I really enjoyed the creative process behind this page. I tried pulling papers in the right colours from random ranges but just couldn't get the right look. I was almost ready to give up when I noticed the B sides of an unopened pack of My Minds Eye Alphabet Soup papers. They were perfect!
I began by cutting up the sheet of woodgrain to emulate waves for the background. Other papers were used to make the pennants and circles. I also added a few random pieces of bubble wrap stamping to add to the overall feel.
I tore up some muslin to use as well. And I found this little octopus resin in my stash ... must have been a freebie from one of my suppliers ;)
I used some awesome Scrapmatts chippy ... love that it is white! and coiled around it with some red cotton twine from D-lish.
A close up of my title and the scattered sequins, also from D-lish.
I wanted more of a wavy look and went searching my stash for some flourishes. I found this Jasmine puffy flourish from Flourish with a Bling which was the perfect shape for what I wanted. It was too dark for my colours so I painted it with gesso than brushed on some ink, before cutting it into several pieces to fit my design.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope to have more to share soon!